Invisalign is a way to straighten your teeth without the need for traditional braces, and it’s become a popular option for adolescents and adults who would prefer not to have the tell-tale gleam of brackets and wires. The clear trays available through Invisalign can do more than straighten your teeth and improve your bite; they can actively help you avoid an array of other dental issues. If you’d like to limit your chances of more serious conditions down the line, Invisalign in Seminole, FL, can be the answer.
Invisible aligners offer a number of benefits to the wearer:
- Comfort: Metal brackets aren’t just visible to other people; they can be uncomfortable for the wearer. Aligners are made to fit your teeth, and the material won’t dig into your lips or cheeks. While you will need to wear them for at least 20 hours a day (preferably more), you’ll find that Invisalign blends into your lifestyle with virtually no friction.
- Hygiene: It’s easier to brush and floss when you can reach all of your teeth. With Invisalign, all you have to do is remove the trays, so you can reach the bacteria and plaque that can accumulate over the course of the day. This is harder when you have to fight with the hardware of traditional braces.
- Symmetry: Whether you have crowded teeth, gaps, or an uneven bite, Invisalign can work wonders on any number of dental issues. It can also help curb bad breath, jaw aches, and gum inflammation. Plus, it can reduce your odds of anything from cavities to tooth loss.
- Convenience: Fitting traditional braces is typically more invasive, as it requires some time and effort to get all the measurements right. Traditional braces also require more trips to the orthodontist for adjustments. With Invisalign, not only is the initial fitting easier, but you won’t have to see the orthodontist constantly to tighten brackets or add wires.
- Freedom: With Invisalign, you can eat whatever you want, including hard candies, corn-on-the-cob, and gum. All you’ll need to do is remove your aligners to enjoy. With braces, you’ll have to forego any food that could potentially cause the wires to bend or the brackets to dislodge.
Many people find that clear aligners are the key to feeling more confident about their smile. As it changes over time, it gets easier to not only look in the mirror, but to make more time for dental hygiene. The more you love your teeth, the more likely you are to go the extra mile each and every time you need to brush or floss.
How Long Does Invisalign Take to Work?
A dentist in Seminole, FL can tell you that the general treatment timeframe is around a year, though the period will range based on the severity of your dental issues. In some cases, you may only need to wear them for six months before you see the final results. With traditional braces, the treatment period can last for up to two years. If you’re looking for clear aligners, you should know that the more you can stick to a schedule, the faster you’ll have your dream smile.
What Does Invisalign Treatment Entail?
All patients will need to be evaluated for Invisalign. The bad news is that not everyone will be eligible for the trays, as some people may have severe dental misalignments that can only be fixed with traditional braces. The good news is that there are orthodontic options available where the brackets and wires can be worn behind the teeth so they still remain invisible to the outside world.
If you’re approved for Invisalign, the next step is to fit them to your exact specifications. From there, you’ll begin wearing the aligners and visiting our office every few weeks to monitor your progress. At Your Smile Studio, you’ll work with a staff who can answer all of your questions about how to make the most of the treatment. Should Invisalign not be the right fit for you, we can tell you more about how to get the smile you’re looking for with as little hassle as possible.
It’s important to note that Invisalign is not the only brand available if you’re looking for clear aligners, and not all brands are created equal. Invisalign has been the longest running brand in the industry, after getting its first approval by the FDA in 1998. If you’re looking for more information about how Invisalign compares to the competition, talking to a professional about everything from its costs to its efficacy should be your next step.
Find a Dentist in Seminole, FL
The right dentist can make a difference when it comes to your Invisalign experience. Even though it’s a relatively straightforward procedure, the reality is that it’s still a process. From start to finish, it helps to have the right team by your side. If you’re looking for people who can give you a thorough understanding of how clear aligners work and what the best options are on the market, the team at Your Smile Studio is here for you.